Thursday, July 12, 2012

Puli Saadham @ Tamarind Rice



Hi Friends , 

          
                         This is a repost recipe . I posted this at my early stage of my blog started. At that time i don't know how to get comments from my fellow bloggers and promote my space. But now i 'm having a little soft corner at all your Hearts :))) So , Please Give your regular support to me and took contribute in my Growth. I Accept one thing Friends. My fellow bloggers are all very Genuine and i knew that give and take policy runs successful in this bloggers world:)) I respect this manners and Thank you all....  

Friends,

Here , i used Basmathi rice . But we can do it in our usual rice too.  

 Our usual rice enhance its taste than this Basmathi rice:)-(:
Ingredients:

Basmathi rice - 2 cups 

Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup 

Salt to taste 

Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp 

Fenugreek - 1 tsp 

Asafoetida - a pinch 

Mustard - 1 tsp 

Channa dhal - 1 tsp 

Red chilly - 6 

Sesame oil - 100 gms  

Curry leaves a handfull 

Peanuts - 1 tbs (dry roasted)

Method:


Pressure Cook the rice and spread on a plate. keep aside

Heat the non-stick skillet add  fenugreek and asafoetida  dry fry (without oil) for a minute.

Grind this into a fine powder. Set aside.

To the tamarind juice add salt, turmeric powder,

ground powder of fenugreek and asafoetida.  

Fry mustard, red chillies, channa dhal, peanuts and curry leaves in sesame oil. 

Pour into the tamarind juice mixture. 

Boil tamarind juice till it reaches thick gravy form and  
until oil comes out with good flavour.   

Add cooked tamarind gravy to the rice.   

Mix well and serve with potato chips or with potato fry....

47 comments:

  1. too good presentation puni..a request..if you know the puliodarai recipe plz share with me..you take your own time ..no hurry at all..but i need it dear..thanks in advance..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy and simply delicious rice. Wanna taste now........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tamarind rice anytime. Specially when going for picnic..
    By the way love the picture of the rice..
    Divya's Culinary Journey
    Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN
    Bake along challenge # 4 - Peanut Butter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can survive for many days with this tamarind rice,my all time favourite rice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT IS MY FAVORITE ITEM. GOOD PICTURE. MOUTH WATERING STARTED. THANKS FOR SHARING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking tempting rice colour is nice..
    new to your blog :) if possible visit my space.. also

    ReplyDelete
  7. All time favorite rice....very tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting. First time I see rice with tamarind sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!! Drooling!! Love those puliyodarai we get in temples... Unbeatable.. This looks yummy too...

    http://aromaticdining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfectly made with basmati rice..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this traditional Puliyogare !!!

    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy and flavorful rice Punitha..I feel the taste here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually buy the MTR puliyogare mix beco'z i did not know how to prepare this. Thanks for this recipe. now i can try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. delicious and mouth watering puliyodharai which is my hot favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ma favourite... looks tangy and very delicious....
    http://indiantastyfoodrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicious and nice rice..yummy preparation..
    Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  17. yummy recipe....i know....usual white rice or ponni rice is better than basmati...cheers

    ReplyDelete
  18. i just finished my lunch, after seeing your rice mouth watering started....yummy...
    VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

    ReplyDelete
  19. truly worthy of reposting...rice looks tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi punitha, must be a very appetizing rice with the sour taste of tamarind. bookemarked with thanks. have a nice day dear

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks inviting dear! Following you - please do drop by my blog and love to have you follow me back - ty

    ReplyDelete
  22. mouthwatering tamarind rice...never had this .

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH! you know what this is making me hungry.., I love tamarind rice and is our family favourite.., It's such a good thing if only all mom's would blog, we would have never blogged I suppose, your kids are so lucky.., beautiful blog and happy to know you..., thank you for visiting me dear Madam..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! tamarind rice, never had this..I luv South Indian recipes..
    I'm your new follower.glad to follow you::))

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favorite dish, tamarind rice looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This rice looks superb my friend, an absolutely gorgeous dinner :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this tangy rice..more flavourful with the home made freshly gound masala ....yummy with appalams.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW, it looks really nice, I would love to have a bite of it :D lol

    xx
    http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. delicious dear..lovely space...following ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for vising my space :) and giving valuable comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi punita thanku for sharing.will try soon

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a great recipe... I like tamarind rice!

    ReplyDelete
  33. hi punita, this sure is different from all rice dish that i have seen. never tried with tamarind- bookmarked with thanks.
    have a nice day dear

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love tamarind rice and most easiest way to fill one's stomach.
    Liang
    www.cookbook.liangwin.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow - this rice looks so flavorful! Very lovely and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Our family favourite... Whichever way I do my son always prefer temple prasadham.. Nice presentation

    Great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice recipe... puliyodharai is one of my all time favourites :-). Am definitely gonna try out your style soon.. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. My family really likes Basmathi rice. Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is my favourite. Nice place you have here. Thanks for the award and congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Tamarind Rice is a good tasty flavor and very attractive. Here new tasty Tamarind Paste recipe and easiest way to prepare at home.

    ReplyDelete